The 37th Atlanta Film Festival has hit the halfway point, and shows no sign of slowing down! Our Screenwriting and Animation CINformation panels continued yesterday at 7 Stages. "Oneliners and Elevator Pitches," "Writing Webisodes," and "Vocal Rehab" proved to be hits among the crowd. The Plaza saw a huge crowd for ICEBERG SLIM: THE PORTRAIT OF A PIMP. ICEBERG’S director, was in the house and also participated in an informative Q&A.
7 Stages hosted BBC America’s BLACK ORPHAN screening, along with Boyd Tinsley’s Atlanta Premiere of FACES IN THE MIRROR. Tinsley’s experimental musical saw fantastic support from audience members. Charles Judson hosted a Q&A after the film ended and Boyd Tinsley along with Atlanta’s own FLAP performed a very special post-screening set.
On Deck for Tonight:
- Don’t miss featured filmmaker Molly Coffee and the crew of Magic the Gathering in the filmmakers lounge at the Highland Inn Ballroom Lounge.
- 7 Stages will host our annual Screenplay Competition Reading at 6:15PM
- Plaza will screen CASTING BY (7:00PM), MOHAMMED TO MAYA (7:15PM), CHEZ UPSHAW (9:30PM) and local documentary BREAKING THROUGH(9:30PM).
Join us at The Goat Farm for our esteemed Sound & Vision block, and also for more well-mannered debauchery. Cousin Dan will be spinning on the 1’s and 2’s, which guarantees nothing but an excellent time. The party starts at 6:00pm, be there or be square.
This just in! We have selected the Xfinity On Demand Encore films. The following films will be playing this Sunday:
• Comedy Shorts • Other World Shorts • Congratulations! • A Band of Rogues • The Great Chicken Wing Hunt • The Mansion • Scarred But Smarter
Also on Sunday….
Don’t miss the first run presentation of the following films:
• The Brass Teapot • Can • Man From the Future • 7 Boxes • Born to Hate...Destined to Love • Where the Trail Ends (FREE)
Ticket information available here.